Sunday, October 19, 2014

Holy men and animals at Parashan Dham temple in Faridabad.

At the entrance to  Parashan Dham temple, 
or maybe I should say temple area we met this holy man...








beautiful date palm trees from above and then we walked down into the ravine..






next holy man in this part of the temple area


first time I've seen snakes in the water...this is the temple with the spring and the small "lake"....
when the boys saw the snakes, there where a couple of snakes, they where out of the water pretty fast..
even though they know that the snakes are not dangerous..


a little up ahead we did see a bigger one hanging out...
same kind of water snake though


adorable puppies...


third sadhu at a different part of the area....
the writing in red and white all says RamRam...a greeting phrase when at the temple...kind of like bless you...


his pouch was just beautiful...first time I've seen one like this..


and his "signs", the face and body paint where a little different...
don't know what the difference is or if there's something special they all do...
I guess I need to find out about this


a loud singing birdie...


and for once we didn't scare the peacock....not immediately...


walked right by a group of buffaloes..a brown one...not very common but
of course she started the staring contest with me...


they sure can tell that we are not from around here...


when coming back up again we found the guy still sitting in the shade..
see the trident sticking out from the greenery ?


only difference was that the hair thing was gone..


my knees hurt just by looking at anyone sitting like this..
intriguing that so many devote their life to the gods
religion here is difficult to comprehend and grasp
well, at least I think so...

the main reason for coming to this temple are the hanuman langurs...
and I didn't show you any in this post !
I will in the next ...promise
and maybe I'll post it later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment