Friday, April 26, 2013

Different beauty ideals

meaning what´s regarded as beautiful and fresh in one country can be regarded as not so in another. Ever since I arrived here in India I have been stunned by all the commercials about whitening products. When I see all the whitening products in the stores it amazes me and has had me thinking about how beauty ideals differ all over the world. In scandinavia instant tanning products sell. People go to tanning parlors or spray tanning parlors because that´s the beauty ideal. Here it´s totally the other way around.
There´s one thing in common though...someone is making big bucks on all of this. 






I´m not the one to judge about different beauty ideals that´s just a fact ! I just want everyone to be happy and pleased with who they are - we are all unique. Isn´t that beautiful in itself ?

By the way..if you haven´t seen the episode of "Friends" where Ross is trying to get a spray tan....you must see it...it´s so funny !





No comments:

Post a Comment