Tuesday, September 9, 2014

In the heart of New Delhi

today I found myself in the heart of New Delhi
I was rajt on Rajpath ( King's Way in hindi ), which is the ceremonial boulevard
that goes all the way from India gate to Rashtrapati Bhavan....
oops some hinglish in there...haha...rajt...


the avenue is lined with canals and huge lawns and rows of trees...


saw these "boys" playing in one of the canals....
they had tied a rope across...I guess they don't know how to swim so....


it's a huge green area on both sides of the avenue...lots of people hanging around...


way down there you see India gate..or as it was originally called
the All India War Memorial....built in memory of the fallen Indian soldiers during World War 1




I turned around and faced the other way....
kind of scary because I was actually standing in the middle of the avenue and if you have seen the traffic here you know what I mean....
anyhow, way up there you can see the last building...


I think that Delhi is ranked the greenest capitol in the world ...
it's green cover has gone up to 22 %...
and I must admit that I do find it really green
especially when coming in from Gurgaon which is one big construction site...
but then often the really bad air and all the trash kind of takes away the beauty of the greenery
too bad really....









No comments:

Post a Comment