Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I visited a guava orchard.

On the outskirts of Gurgaon I visited a guava orchard …


it reminded me of the apple orchards back home….the difference is that it's the beginning of december and if I want to stroll around on an apple orchard in bloom in Sweden you have to do that in may-june and then they are harvested in september.



guava,pera or amrod are different names of this fruit and now it's harvest season so I see guava vendors   
wherever I look almost….I didn't know that you should eat the guava with black salt so when the vendor offered me some salt in a tiny little paperbag to go with the guavas I was surprised...


we did try it with salt just not black salt… I used my herb salt instead and it was good….


I love the smell of the guavas…I keep them out in a big fruit bowl and it kind of smells citrusy like….
hmmmm


but they do look like some kind of apple-pear fruit…if anyone wonders what I payed for a kg of guavas it was 40 rupees including the salt…alltså 4 kronor…ganska lagom tycker jag.
Hope you have a wonderful day dear reader !




No comments:

Post a Comment