Thursday, December 12, 2013

One of those wonderful moments…beautiful colourful India.

I was on my way to somewhere when I all of a sudden saw a field of goats ...


…and then I saw the colourful turbans sticking up …so I told my driver to stop and off I went to meet….. 


families from Jodhpur in Rajasthan….


they welcomed me into the camp and we tried to communicate…lots of laughs …



I showed them the pictures I took and they smiled and laughed and someone asked if she could be in one scene…via my driver who could interpret that is...









they stayed at this field so that the goats could rest,eat and get cut so that they could sell the wool…..


cutting the goats the traditional way..here the only way…before heading back onto the roads back home again..living like nomads..moving around with their herd of cattle…
I just love the way they carrie themselves off with their colourful turbans and earrings …all the bangels and colourful saris..for me this was a moment to remember.






No comments:

Post a Comment