Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sultanpur National Park

Today we went to Sultanpur National Park…which is about 20 kilometres from where we live…
and we all agreed that it was a different feel to the first sunday of advent….sunshine and about 28 degrees….


so nice to get out from the hustle and bustle of city life and walk into a really nice park with lots of wildlife…so hang on …I'm going to show you lots of pictures….


first birds we saw was a grey heron standing on one leg and a merganser drying his wings….på svenska en grå häger och en skrak !




then I met Mr BIG bull and his little friend a cattle egret….I moved closer to get this shot and I tell you Mr Bull wan't pleased…he gave me the evil eye so I moved away…



then we met a super winged plover…I guess…I'm not sure….sorry...


besides the big birds and animals I also spotted this little but big red dragonfly and


all these butterflies…..there where so many of these flying around…


then our driver showed me this tree, Babur ? ….it could be used a natural toothbrush…but he also showed me these bird nests which I wouldn't have found otherwise….I couldn't spot them until I was really up close…


some kind of sparrow….we guessed some kind of weaving sparrow…..
they looked like an upside down basket…



cool aren't they….I tried to spot the birds but I guess I scared them off ….





Mr and Mrs redwatted lapwing..I guess...


the blue kingfisher ….and well, I guess you see the cows..


I so liked this giant grass…it's at least 2 meters high…..


this little lizard was among the high grass…the straws…but again the main attraction at the park are the birds and they are amazing…

a painted stork family…mother and three young ones…


these below are different kinds of storks…there where so many of them ! ...whitenecked, adjutant and painted storks…..





a cool guy…the whitenecked stork



the sky was really different today depending on how I took the pictures….from grey and white to really blue….amazing……anyhow,the park is really worth a visit….we will go back for sure only next time we'll go earlier in the morning….they told us that some more migrating birds will be there within 2 weeks…so I guess we will be back at Christmas time !




















No comments:

Post a Comment