Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Swedish kids are raising money to help less fortunate kids here in Gurgaon.

Remember I told you about the interest from Sweden in wanting to help some schools for the less fortunate kids here in Gurgaon….




I'm so overwhelmed when writing this because my very best friend Katrin who visited us a couple of weeks ago went home to the school where she works as an art teacher, with an idea to her students….every year they set up a musical and the money they raise from this is donated to something the students find important….Yes they decided that all the money they raise tonight will go to the schools I visited here in Gurgaon…they've worked with a theme at school called "Lika Olika"…"we are all alike but different and that's ok"…all students are involved in the work , on stage or behind stage…..
I so wish I could be there and see it….
this morning I got a mail..it was this article ...


it was published in one of the newspapers this morning….I can only say Wow !
it's a mazing what a school can do when working together on a common goal…I don't think you can get more hands on education….can you ?
it really warms my heart that there are kids back home that are prepared to give to the less fortunate in a land so far away….
while writing this I suddenly get a new mail….. I got this link sent to me…

click on the go to link…..in swedish though…

It's a link to the news on the local TV station !!! that was sent this morning !!…how wonderful that they get some recognition and that TV helps spread information about tonight…..again Wow !
I tell you..it was a tear-filled old lady who sat here in India listening to these lovely kids ….
amazed…I'm so proud of them even though I don't know them at all…. 
so all I can say is

Good Luck and brake a leg….
Best wishes from Susanna and Mats in India.

I hope that some parent will get the musical on a video file so that I can see it later.

2 comments:

  1. Hej. Det var verkligen ett fint initiativ att skänka till indiska skolbarn. God jul och gott nytt år ! Lisbet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visst var det ! helt fantastiskt…God Jul o Gott Nytt

      Delete