Saturday, April 11, 2015

Mehrangarh Fort, part 1

going through my pictures I realise that I have so many
that I haven't shown you....yet !
so today I'm taking you back to Jodphur in Rajasthan
to Mehrangarh Fort
an awesome fort from 1459 but most parts that we see today are from the era between 1638-78
in this part  I'll show you the exterior of the fort


the fort is 120 meters above the city


its's built on a mountain....the walls are between 6 and 36 meters high depending on the rocks





standing here it looked so impressive...
how could they do all this way back in time ?




as always....sweepers.....











musicians entertaining


the spikes on the big door are to keep the combat elephants out
they are put in the height of an elephant head
interesting ha ?

if you want to see the rest be sure to check my next post






No comments:

Post a Comment