Monday, November 11, 2013

Are there any ordinary mondays in India?

Actually our days are not that much different from living in Sweden…it's just the fact that we live in a country very far away from Sweden that is the big difference (and the fact that I'm not working full time and that Mr M is working a lot more than full time. If you think there are any 40 hour working weeks in India think again)…the language around us is different and the environment is totally different….of course there's an adjustment period when first arriving here….and from what I've experienced and heard from others it's pretty long compared to most other countries….
count on about 6 months…more or less of course…some I know never get adjusted and they move back home again.(There's a difference between visiting, being a tourist and living here)
I tell you, I've had moments where I just want to pack up and go home….sometimes it feels like some Indians really go out on a limb to make life as hard and chaotic and problematic as possible ! drives me NUTS !  and I will never ever get used to the honking !
Anyhow, today was just an ordinary monday in India land…same routines as back home…
 I guess Mr M has more of those than I at the moment…well, I have routines but right now they are only of the housewife luxurious kind…like teaching my new maid how I want my house cleaned and
 having the " how-to-iron-Mr M shirts-training course".
What I did today ?
I had a 2 hour meeting at Kunskapsskolan and then I asked my driver to drive me to some spots where I wanted to get some pictures taken….
so on an ordinary monday I'll show you something as ordinary as Indias national tree, the banyan tree…


 I did find a banyan tree that was anything but ordinary…look at the way the roots are tangled and growing in all directions…for me it was ,you know when you look up into the sky at a cloud and you see something…like a face …I saw ….well, I better ask if you, dear reader see something within the picture 




I see 


a doll being held  under the shin with it's big feet dangling below and arms sticking out…see the nose clearly…and then I also see


a bird with it's beak and a big eye….see it ?
can you find it in the big picture ?


maybe you see something I don't see ?
Dear reader, I guess I'll be back tomorrow... which is just another ordinary tuesday in a not so ordinary country.

(credit to Katrin for the last picture)

see ya'







No comments:

Post a Comment