Saturday, January 18, 2014

A year ago

I took a big leap....actually a huge one...when I decided to take leave from my work and move to India with Mr M...now I'm sitting here with my coffee and some candy trying to reflect on this past year....not in detail though....


it has been a roller coaster year...India is as inspirational as it is irritating, it is as colourful as it is dirty,
and it is as fantastic as it is chaotic....


with 26 million people around you in the area you would think that you would never feel alone but there have been moments where I have felt as the lonelyiest person on this earth...at the same time I have wished that I could migrate to the north pole just to be alone without any traffic and horns....


I have made some new friends and I have had the pleasure of family and friends visiting...for which I'm really grateful...don't know what I would have done otherwise...as happy as I have been every time I greet someone at the airport as unhappy have I been every time I've said goodbye...


I've had cravings like crazy for things I can't find here....like swedish candy and swedish coffee....luckily my visitors have brought some with them....someone asked if there's something special that I long for ....yes...filmjölk ! first thing I'll have when I come home again is filmjölk med jordgubbssmak....strawberry flavoured 


I have travelled to wonderful places....and I still want to see and do more....
where I want to go in 2014 ? guess I'll need to discuss with Mr M before posting it here....
what a year it has been....and no, I don't have any regrets about signing up for this adventure !
Is anyone out there thinking about an adventure like this one ?

Hope you are having a really nice saturday...
see you soon.















3 comments:

  1. Glad att ha fått uppleva ett par veckor hos er. Nu räknar vi ner till maj/juni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love reading Your posts, I am also enjoying our Adventure in Gurgaon.

    ReplyDelete