Sunday, January 5, 2014

I just had to show Hauz Khaas

to Mr A and Ms F...lately there's been lots of redoing in Hauz Khaas...which is not good when visiting...all the streets are torn up and it's been really messy all over....but we had a nice stroll around....even though that meant jumping over and stepping on things....hope they get it all together soon...




it's a little like from the Jungle book....isn't it?


the old and the new competing for our attention all over the place....


it sure was a beautiful day ....and we did enjoy our walk since the place is beautiful....
I just wish that Indians could learn how NOT  TO through their garbage where they are standing...I must say that it was even more trash all over this time...at some spots the beauty can't be seen because of all the trash....it makes me really sad when I see a trashcan and I see people just dumping their empty water bottles etc. at the spot instead of taking two steps forward and helping out...this is the BIG downside for India....the tourists that come are often appalled by all the garbage and dirt they see and have a hard time understanding why people just dumps everything everywhere...sorry for pointing a finger at this but it's actually one of the things I find the hardest about living here...I'm so used to clean streets and clean areas all over...and people actually using the trashcans....enough about the lecturing...


one of my favourite stores ....love the "old"suitcases and the "old" camera bags !


found a new NGO store also...this one for empowering women by making them earn money..
next time I will actually get a necklace I saw in the store...
as always I find new spots at this seemingly forever evolving place...that's some of it's charm !





No comments:

Post a Comment