Monday, January 27, 2014

Exercise+endorphins=Happiness

so did anyone of you out there follow my advise yesterday ? the one about dance, walk or run.....
I followed my own advise...I ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes....actually what I do, because I have a really bad back, is that I run for 10 minutes and then I walk for 5 minutes....or I walk  5 and run 15 minutes...or... well you get the point ..depending on how my back is doing....


since the pool is still closed I have got to do other things besides swimming ....like weights, cardio on the cross trainer or the bike...but I do it...see that's the thing....to find a routine that works for you and stick to it...try to get at least three to four workouts in per week.....
then why exercise ?
the answer is quite obvious but what many don't know is that there is a link between exercise and happiness...endorphin production is connected to them both......it's the endorphins that make you feel oh,so good....they act as both painkillers and as the pay-off for your bodys reward system...the thing is that researchers have found that light to moderate weight lifting or cardiovascular exercise doesn't produce endorphins so you really need to dig in and get that body working out ! 
BUT don't start your first workout this way....slowly build it up...it's better to get it going and keep it going instead of showing off once in the gym and then you're not able to walk for a week and then you give up because it hurts to much....(maybe someone recognise themselves here)


get some good music in your phone ( with a good beat to what you are doing)and some good headphones....crank it up and get going.....for me it's so much easier with music because I actually don't like to run or to have a date with the cross trainer....I have managed to get  4 and a half hours of good workout music into my Iphone(yes,old lady proud of herself)....maybe you,dear reader have any good tunes for workouts? please share if  you do....
so what better way than to start off this week by getting your body moving to some good music
good luck with the workout !
and please share if you do get started ....send me a message ....


No comments:

Post a Comment