Friday, March 14, 2014

Brick hard work

Outside of Gurgaon, on the road to Jaipur I saw these chimneys popping up....
it took me a while before I understood what it was....chimneys from brick making ovens....
we had entered the brick making area..bricks made out of red sand stone...
(dark picture because it was actually raining at the moment)


then in the next village I saw these women working .....carrying bricks on their heads to a new construction close by....


this has got to be hard work....carrying all those bricks on the head day in and day out...
they only have the "bina", a piece of rolled fabric as protection and as a  the balance plate....



as I've told you before working conditions sure are different here in India...many many people meaning here needs to be many jobs...very very low pay for many....
the construction was this house.....and my first reaction was...yikes ! will this hold? bamboo sticks !



I guess it will....???? 
enjoy your cozy friday.....we're having ours tomorrow..... cozy saturday instead !







No comments:

Post a Comment