Sunday, March 23, 2014

Life around water

on the drive home from Abohar I decided to look at life around water....
the necessity for all life....so I had about 8 stops along the road...it was an amazing way to meet animals and people.....



yes even the buffalos can see that I'm not from around here....they do take very good care of them...


at the next water hole I met this family....the kids where a little shy but the mother was the cutest and nicest person....she invited me and my driver to the village for tea or coffee....


adorable...


a grandfather walked up with his grandson and started talking ...wanting to know why I was here ....
he was so proud of the little boy...


in the water behind him I saw a calf swimming by....


at this stop I did have to walk a little closer and they where a little reluctant at first...I don't blame them....I mean this white lady walks into their village and wants to tak pictures of them washing....I do think they thought I was totally crazy....but...after some few words in hindi and it was ok....





many years since we saw washing clothes being done this way...


the elder man came out to inspect me after a couple of minutes and he was very reluctant !!
the girl behind him pumping up some water...


on the other side of the road I saw this idol sitting...



the some ladies started trowing what I thought was garbage into the water so I asked my driver and he explained that it was old worship pictures and posters and so forth...you can't throw these anywhere...they need to be put into holy water....so at the bottom I suddenly saw many many frames and pictures....


more women doing the washing and talking and laughing...





I was so happy when I stopped at this spot since I got to see happy kids jumping and diving! into the water....


well, not everybody was happy with the water....but you need to be cleaned so....
it was amazing to see life around water this way....something we take for granted...
wether it's for drinking ,cleaning,showering,cooking,washing etc etc....
the necessity of life doesn't always come out of a pipe....nice and clean .....

have a wonderful sunday,dear reader....
I'm off to some sightseeing with a lady from Sweden who's been here working for a week...
she needs to see some sights before going back home...don't you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment