Monday, March 24, 2014

Monkey temple

Good morning to all of you....hope you had a wonderful weekend and that you are ready for a new week filled with work and workouts and everything else that will fill your week..maybe some surprises even ?
this post will take you back to Jaipur because I still have things that I do want to share from our wonderful short trip there...here we go....
 we where recommended to go and see Galta Temple, the monkey temple, so of course we did....


to get there we drove through this village with beautiful walls,buildings and decorations ....


the watch dog ! 
once we got to the temple area I was confused....I had difficulties seeing the beauty or whatever I try to find...it was different for sure but.....I think this is a spot I don't want to come back to....there where monkeys everywhere and it was just really filthy....it was difficult just to get some pictures....and I had a hard time keeping track of where the monkeys where at all time while taking pictures...I did not want to be bitten by a red ass monkey !


a huge bull with all his power against the pink background...


the temple is done in and around the mountain....and that's kind of cool....if they would just maintain it somewhat...mend broken things and so forth..


not sure if it says " don't feed the monkeys" or " don't litter".....next to the sign I think there where 100 of monkeys...and tons of litter....



at sunset all the monkeys come to the water.....I told Mr M that I would not want to be here then...


I guess it was kind of cool to see the monkeys climbing in and out of the windows etc....that part was just like being at a zoo ...this was just without all the fences and we where kind of part of the zoo !


the buildings are beautifully done but it didn't help this time...and the area is beautiful but...


this was the first time I found the monkeys not looking cute,nice at all....it was the opposite actually....I found them looking sick and shabby....and my mind where thinking of rabies...



you would think that with all these monkeys I would take lots of pictures of them....turned out to be the opposite....the once you see with monkeys that was it...I think I was a little scared of them creeping up on me or just attacking me because they wanted to be fed....and they are used to being fed...


walking out we did see some of the boys attached to the temple....and we did see someone trying to clean up some of the mess but...


doing his chores...


this was an experience for sure but I will not go back again.....
been there and done it...
good things ,bad things ...it's just part of the adventure...
I'm off to the gym so I hope that the start of the week turns out to be  a good one for all of you









No comments:

Post a Comment