Friday, June 13, 2014

Ystad, one of the oldest cities in Sweden

my hometown Ystad is one of the oldest cities in Sweden...
I think it goes all the way back to the 11th century
famous for it's beaches and the old post and beam houses....
so, I thought I'd show you some pics from around town


the southern parts of this house, Pilgrändshuset is the oldest one in Scandinavia  built during the 1480's....


these are just some of the old post and beam houses.....they are just so pretty....
then we have all the old "townhouses"
popular and usually very expensive when sold


one of the buildings that I really like was an old warehouse....way back I think it was for flower and stuff like that...not sure....but it has been restored so beautifully, I think...


finally I'll show you our old theatre...it' really nice that it has been kept "alive" considering that Ystad only has about 28 000 people living in the municipality....


it was built in 1893-94 ! 
this was just a little tour....hope you enjoyed...
it's better to come and see for yourselves !

today is graduation day in Ystad so we're off to celebrate some students....
good food, good company and lots of happy faces
we will for sure enjoy our friday evening
hope you do to 


















No comments:

Post a Comment