Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Rice fields out by Yamuna River

The other day I went back to the Yamuna River,
out by Manjhawali village which is outside of Faridabad,
together with my friend Kathy


the water level was higher than in may but...


not high enough...
almost no rain and monsoon season is over....
it's so dry.....

I wanted to see the rice fields....and out by Yamuna there are so many ...
I so wish I could have been here in june when they planted it..
I have never seen it been done... 
 I now hope that I will see how they harvest it instead...
in about two months time




as usual we saw all these colourful ladies working in the fields


rice needs water....lots of water




at many spots all these wells where open just splurging out water into the fields...
at this particular spot the water was so clean..surprised me...

this particular farm is actually my drivers relatives and
he so wanted to meet us and invited us in...out...to sit down and treated us with 
 a glass of really cold Mountain Dew...
so cool to sit out there among the buffaloes and cows on an indian day bed 
drinking Mountain Dew....almost surreal !


 I made a  promise in may to this other farmer I met..
I promised that I would come back in august...
got to keep a promise...
he remembered me !


the chilli ( hot peppers ) plants that where small at that time where big and full of chillies
 we just had to get some...
and did we ever
I even tasted the green ones out there in the field !!


not sure what kind of bird that liked the chilli plants ?


love love love the colourful women I see all over


a sheesham tree...
I so like this particular brand of tree ....
our dining table and chairs are made of it
and it's so wonderful...

what a fantastic green day Kathy and I  had !



No comments:

Post a Comment