Friday, March 8, 2013

The Indian Flag - Tiranga



This is the Tiranga meaning three colors in Hindi.
The colors are:
Saffron - stands for courage and selflessness
White - stands for peace and truth
Green - stands for prosperity and fertility
Chakra is the inner wheel and it`s blue



When I was out shopping earlier today I found myself standing right in front of these.....


I did have in mind that I was going to tell you about the colors.
And you know me....nailpolish is a lot of fun so they ended up going home with me. 
Once att home packing up I found some Skittles ( candy ) and the creativity took over.


A Skittle flag but without the Chakra...

I´ll end this little color lesson with showing you an orthographic map of India.


Some times it feels like you are really far away from " home " and sometimes it feels like you are next door. Like when you Skype ! 

My husband just called me ( not on Skype though ) and told me that we are meeting up with a friend tonight. I wonder what we will eat and drink? 





1 comment:

  1. Vilka färger blir det i morgon? Jag väntar med spänning, SoS

    ReplyDelete