Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Caste of Yadu ending a long fast

In one of the villages I met a group of women who was celebrating the end of a long fast.....
I think it was a week of fast ...or even 9 days !!
I was told the women belonged to the cast of Yadu...
apparently you can tell by the way they dress...
the cast system here in India is a post of it's own and I need to learn more about it....maybe I'll do a post about it later on....just maybe....
anyhow, these wonderful women invited me in to be a part of their puja ...


the swastika  literary means "it is good" in sanskrit...it is a common practise for Hindus to draw the swastika symbols on the doors and entrances during festivals,which is believed to symbolise an invitation to the Goddess Lakshmi.




all the women in the village gathered at the little temple....


they had some small instruments and sang and played...


the colours among these women are just so incredible....and the warmth they showed me...


this little princess was the youngest one...
she was so adorable and didn't wake up even though they where passing her around...


they so wanted to have their picture taken together so of course I did....

I got a memorable morning with the women of Yadu !!!

have a great tuesday out there around the world !



No comments:

Post a Comment