Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Into the jungle we went...

we found a natural spring...a natural source of water....
and being India they of course built a temple around it....
it was my driver who told us about this spot....and since it was exploration afternoon we said yes..take us there...
we being me, my mother and my friend Kathy....
he took us along narrow dirt roads....more meant for a dirt bike or even better a camel...
we went "deeper and deeper" into the jungle and closer to the Aravalli hills....


leading up to the entrance...looks like a walking path from back home but this was the road....and it was only this last part that was "made"....otherwise it was just sand 


Burarhik temple is partly built in the mountain....it was bigger than I thought...
it was more like a small temple village....they even had a barn for the holy cows....temple cows...



tok off our shoes and started climbing and exploring the temple grounds...
just look at this wonderful banyan tree...it was huge....


it was like a tree house temple....kind of cool.....
not a lot of sunlight coming through because of all the trees...


jungle life....we where just waiting for the wild jungle animals to show themselves...like swinging monkeys....


jungle paths....


and here's the reason for the existence of this place....the spring....coming through the big hole in the stone.... water coming from the mountain....


my friend Kathy in action trying to get down...


here you can actually see the water coming from the spring....


we climbed up to the black temple at the entrance...


puja shoes....so that the goods can walk out...



this had to be a "teasing bird" because he was really teasing us...following us around but every time we tried to get a picture of him he hid behind the leaves...maybe it was a long tailed shrike ?....just a lot bigger than the ones I have seen before...


I think we saw at least 50 peacocks ... so easilyscared...but so beautiful...


there where butterflies all over....some I haven't seen before....like this one...



water buffaloes...
they always look at me like..."lady, you're not from around here are you?"


nilgais....Indias largest antelope...this one being the male, the blue cow.....
they are quite funny looking with such a small head to a huge body....


not a day goes by without seeing traffic controllers or holy cows..
it had impressive horns, don't you think ?
wow ! what an afternoon this turned out to be....amazing....jungle and all these animals....
oh, I forgot to tell you about the humangus snake my mother saw...!? turned out to be a bicycle tire !

I'm so happy that I have such wonderful driver....
 he is such a nice person and I do think he really enjoys all these little adventures he gets to take me and my friends on.... 
I wonder where we will go next !





2 comments: