Thursday, May 1, 2014

Damdama Lake

"early" this morning I went for a drive to a lake nearby.....Damdama Lake....
it's only about a 40 minute ride from Gurgaon...I thought that if I left early it wouldn't get so hot..
turned out that today was the hottest day so far this summer... 45 degrees !
but it was a beautiful ride along and at the foot of the mountains.....very bumpy though !...
plenty of villages with lots to see...well,that's if you're up to seeing countryside...



they have a little "resort" out by the lake...some rooms and you can rent paddle boats and all kinds of stuff..but the best season for all that is not now...too hot...
this flame of the forest tree was leading my way to the gate..


love the colours...


the lake was a lot smaller than I expected but ot was still a lake....


with the mountains nearby....


with water comes animals...
and I met more animals along the way....it was such a nice ride because I saw so many things....
many stops....


a guy and his camel...


goats resting at the foot of the hill....


they looked so sad, the donkeys....


 the last of the crop...


what a beauty....just look at those horns...


contrasts...fascinating to see the old old ways....sometimes I think " so this is how life was back home many years ago ".......


I have so many other things to show from this little lake trip..
guess I'll show you some more in my next post....

hope you had a wonderful Valborg and a nice 1:a maj !




No comments:

Post a Comment