Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bani temple in dense forest in the Aravalli hills

from Mangar village we drove quite a distance on bumpy dirt roads to get
to Bani temple....bani meaning trees...
and those are protected around this temple...




this is one way to get water ....but I do wonder why it's not on, or in, the ground ?
(the tube that is)


so many different birds but difficult to spot ...see it ?
there's a kingfisher in there somewhere


I helped you out here...I zoomed in...
it' an Indian tree pie ! I call them mocking birds because they always hide or fly away every time 
I have tried to get a picture of it


I guess this holy cow had just visited the temple because it came down from there....


up up we walked...slowly...


a temple dog....it sure was his spot..


my driver Pawan in front


then this woman and her husband arrived....rang the bell before going in...


now we had to climb down again...


at the foot I met this old lady so we stopped for  a little chit chat 


the surroundings where beautiful....
all of a sudden we met this old BIG bull and both me and my driver
kind of backed away...especially since the bull seemed to like me....


he was BIG


by the water I saw a bird I haven't seen before...it was so beautiful with it's long tail 
I took the shot from so far away....it was fun just to see some of it..
it's an asian paradise flycatcher !


lighting the oil....


animals and birds benefit from the temples..
always something to eat

yet another great day in colourful India





No comments:

Post a Comment