Monday, February 10, 2014

Sunday walk at Sultanpur bird sanctuary

yesterday morning early early, well for being a sunday morning early, we went to Sultanpur lake again...
it's just so nice to come out and walk in a forest by a lake and it was just us there....well lots of nilgais and birds but otherwise not a lot of humans...I have figured out that many Indians are tired in the mornings...
suits me just fine sine I'm an early bird....


so peaceful and oh so nice....a little chilly....fresh..er air to breathe....


I saw these spider webs and with the light shining through it kind of looked like diamonds hanging there..


so beautiful...


walking towards the light....all of a sudden we saw theses nilgais eating down below...we actually saw them before they saw us....a second later they did spot us though...


I guess I got their attention...such wonderful animals....


just look at those eyes....


we kind of chased them in front of us since there's only one path to walk on....nowhere to go but...


to walk in the water to another little island...she's still looking at me .....


this is tonights quiz....can you count the number of birds? might be good if you're having trouble falling asleep tonight....count birds instead of sheep....



didn't expect to see the kingfisher sitting on one of the bird nests....


a walk in the nature is good for the soul....time for reflection....


I did manage to capture one of the smallest birds....they are so quick and so small....but oh so cute....
don't know the name....maybe someone does ?
for those of you living around here I do recommend a visit....that is if you like to walk and you like nature...
it's getting late here in India so I'm going to say 
good night , sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment