Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Imperial Spa had top notch interior design

Mr M was speaking at a  conference at The Imperial hotel in Delhi today so I decided to tag along..
I wanted to check out the Spa ....
 they had me at the entrance....I saw this gorgeous lamp through the glass doors....




I have seen these ones before but they have been made out of fabric...Italian ones...but this one was made out glass....somewhere in Jaipur ? (if anybody knows please let me know !)
anyhow I followed the stairs....


 it just got better and better....I wouldn't mind having this staircase at home...just need to get a bigger home and since we live on the 20th floor here it would have to be one heck of a staircase right.....haha
but it would be more fun to walk up and down all the stairs don't you think ?


wonderful mosaic pattern around the fountain...


patterns and materials , hard and soft.....just loved it....


 the beautiful fountain...reminded me of Taj Mahal....stone intarsia..







I can see myself sitting here afterwards having my tea...



reception area.....love it all but especially the elephant stools and lamps !


I did spend some time in there...so there will be some more pictures coming up...
this was a royal treatment...wasn't it ?
don't forget....if you know where the lamps are made please let me know !




2 comments:

  1. Just tell me, where can I bye the Teapot, the Jugs and theTray ?
    Marvellous photos.
    Mam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed..I think you can get them at The Imperials own shop...give them a call and ask ! susanna

      Delete