Thursday, November 26, 2015

Colourful women at Pushkar fair

thought I'd show you some of the colourful women I met at the fair in Pushkar
it's like a colour explosion
so far from the black and white Sweden I come from
but then we don't have any desert where we need clothes that stand out to be seen


pink, white, coral and purple arm bangles for these happy married ladies





wow ! just look at that necklace and headpiece



seemed like the women where in charge of getting new tools



in the making for selling


selling food for the cattle


such cute feet









morning snack...sugar cane




in the stadium while we where waiting for some performance I met this happy crowd
(had to use my flash so the pictures are what they are.....)




encounters I will never forget



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Pushkar Mela was amazing, wasn't it? I have also been there with my family. Took tons of pictures, too... Would love to meet you one day. Maybe we can go on a short daytrip together to take pictures. You know so many little treasures around Delhi....
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete